Science of Healthcare Delivery
"The goal of the SHD track is to train residents to broadly apply engineering and population health principles to challenges in healthcare delivery. Areas of interest include: clinical decision support, systems engineering, operations research, health informatics, health resource access and utilization for vulnerable populations, cost effectiveness, and human factors engineering"
- Accommodated Residents: 4
- Combination track? Yes (Research & Admin)
- Institutions: JHH
1. To learn engineering and health services research problem solving approaches
2. To use data to understand and improve healthcare delivery systems.
3. To gain experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, both within and outside of the traditional health care system.
Health informatics based projects in the ED and hospital.
ED data-driven diagnostics
Studies of cost-effectiveness and resource utilization
Studies of ED or hospital operations
Community engagement to optimize health care access and utilization